Round Casserole 20cm
- 1/2 Chicken
- 10 Slices Ginger
- 2 sprigs Spring Onion (cut into short lengths, soaked in water)
- 1 small packet Ground Sand Ginger (or seasoning blend for salt-baked chicken)
- Pinch of salt
- 1. Rub salt and ground sand ginger evenly on the chicken skin. (If you use seasoning blend for salt-baked chicken, you should skip the salt.)
- 2. Arrange sliced ginger and spring onion on the bottom of the pot. Put the chicken over them. Cover the lid. Turn on low heat and cook for 15 minutes.
- 3. Turn off the heat and leave the chicken in the pot with the lid on for 10 more minutes. Serve.
- The chicken is steamed in its own juices in this recipe. After preheating, the cast iron pot retains enough heat to draw moisture out of the chicken which is turned into steam instantly. The lid is heavy and is capable of sealing in the moisture, juices and the natural flavours of the food.