Recommended Cooking Tool:
Marmite 32cm (Black Enamel Interior)
- 1/2 Chicken
- Salt to taste
- Dried Mixed Herbs to taste
- 1. Rinse and wipe dry the chicken. Rub salt evenly over the chicken. Then sprinkle with dried mixed herbs.
- 2. Pour oil into the cold pot. Turn on medium heat and preheat for 4 minutes. Put in the chicken and cover the lid. Fry for 3 minutes. Flip the chicken to fry the other side with the lid on for 3 minutes. Repeat this step to fry each side for 3 more minutes. The total frying time adds up to 12 minutes.
- 3. Turn off the heat and leave the chicken in the pot with the lid on for 10 more minutes. Serve.
- Fry the chicken skin until nicely browned. Then cover the lid and cook it through with the cast iron pot. The lid is heavy and is effective in sealing in moisture and retaining heat. Even if you don’t have an oven at home, you can still make a roast chicken with juicy velvety meat in a cast iron pot.