Round Casserole 20cm
- 200 g Instant Macaroni
- 1/2 Broccoli (cut into florets)
- 1/2 Onion (shredded)
- 1/4 Green Capsicum (shredded)
- 1/4 Yellow Capsicum (shredded)
- 1/4 Red Capsicum (shredded)
- 2 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 500 ml Chicken Stock
- 25 ml Whipping Cream
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 Salmon Fillet
- 1. Pour oil into the cold cast iron pot. Turn on medium heat and preheat for 2 minutes.
- 2. Stir-fry garlic and onion until fragrant. Put in the salmon and fry until both sides golden. Pour in chicken stock and add macaroni and broccoli. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Cover the lid and turn to low heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3. Pour in whipping cream and cook for 3 more minutes. If it looks too watery, turn to medium heat and cook without the lid to reduce it to desired consistency. Stir in the egg yolk to mix well. Turn off the heat and serve.
- Cast iron pots retain and conduct heat very well. You can cook both the pasta and make the sauce in one step as long as you put it on low heat with the lid on. It’s easy and convenient, while saving much fuel. You may even cook a dish in advance and keep it warm for a long time by putting the lid on.