Recommended Cooking Tool:
Round Casserole 20cm
- 1 Chicken (chopped into pieces)
- 10 Fresh Shiitake Mushrooms
- 5 slices Ginger
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 Shallots
- 1 sprig Spring Onion (cut into short lengths)
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce for Steamed Fish
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Shaoxing Wine
- 1. Pour oil into the cold pot. Turn on medium heat and preheat for 2 minutes. Stir-fry ginger, shallot and garlic until fragrant. Then add chicken and fry till lightly browned.
- 2. Add shiitake mushrooms and seasoning. Stir until dry.
- 3. Add boiling water until 70% full. Bring to the boil over medium heat. Cover the lid and turn to low heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4. Turn to medium heat and cook without the lid to reduce the sauce. Put in spring onion. Serve.
- When you cook in a cast iron pot with the lid on, it works like a closed oven, sealing in the moisture, juices and natural flavours of the food. The ingredients also pick up the seasoning more quickly. The pot retains heat well and conducts heat evenly. That’s why it tends to shorten the cooking time for braised and stewed dishes.