Oval French Oven 25cm
- 2 tbsp Shaoxing Cooking Wine*
- 3 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 4 dashes of White Pepper, powder
- 450g Chicken Thigh, cut into pieces
- 3 pieces Ginger, julienned
- 4-5 whole, Shiitake Mushroom, soaked
- ¼ cup Dried Shrimp, soaked & chopped
- 1 Chinese Sausage, sliced diagonally*
- 3 - 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 medium Shallots, sliced
- 1 bunch Spring Onion, chopped
- 2 inches Salted Fish, sliced*
- 3 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 2 cups Jasmine Rice, rinsed
- 2 cups Water
- 1.CHICKEN MARINADE: Marinate clean chicken with the marinade mix for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. COOK CHICKEN: Heat up the Oval French Oven over medium heat with cooking oil. Fry ginger, garlic, and shallots until aromatic. Add in finely chopped dried shrimp, Chinese sausage* and shitake mushroom. After stir-frying for a few minutes, add in chicken and the remaining marinade. Stir fry till ¾ cooked.
- 3. RICE: Add rice into chicken and stir for another 5 minutes. Season with oyster sauce and soy sauce. Add 2 cups of water into the pot and put the lid on. Cook for 25-30 minutes in low heat.
- 4. SALTED FISH: Wash and pat dry. Cut thinly into chunks or slices. Bring a pan to heat with oil and fry till crispy.
- 5. TO SERVE: Top it with salted fish and chopped spring onion for garnish
*Optional depending on dietary/halal requirementsTips:
- The heavy lid traps steam and condensation inside the pot, bringing out the flavour and nutrients of the original ingredients.