Recommended Cooking Tool:
Buffet Casserole 30cm
- 1 chicken
- 10 shallots (sliced thickly)
- 8 thick slices ginger
- 30 sprigs spring onion (cut into short lengths)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1. Rinse the chicken and wipe dry both the insides and the outsides. Rub salt evenly on both the insides and outsides. Leave it for 20 minutes.
- 2. Stuff the chicken with shallots, ginger and half of the spring onion.
- 3. Rinse the remaining spring onion in water and don’t drain too well. Arrange them evenly on the bottom of the pot. Put the chicken on top.
- 4. Cover the lid and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Turn to low heat and cook for 20 more minutes with the lid on. Turn the chicken upside down and cover the lid. Cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- 5. Chop chicken into pieces. Serve.