Steamed Minced Meat and Sponge Gourd with Vegetarian Sauce
Heat evenly distributes from the bottom and the side of the casserole, and the same temperature is maintained throughout the entire casserole. The heavy lid also prevents steam from getting out of the casserole, which brings out the original flavour of rice. Tasty rice is cooked within 20-30 minutes.
- Sponge gourd (peeled and chopped)
- Add oil into Le Creuset 22cm Buffet Casserole and preheat over medium heat for about 4 minutes.
- Add minced meat and vegetarian sauce to stir-fry over medium-low heat until fragrant.
- Mix the sauce well, then add in to stir over low heat until the sauce sauce become thick. Pour out the cooked minced beyond meat, set aside.
- Put sponge gourd in the pot, add the cooked minced beyoun meat on top. Steam over low heat with lid on for 10-15 minutes, then serve the dish hot with the pot.
- Le Creuset’s cast iron casseroles distribute heat evenly and good in heat retention, which can cook white rice easily in just 20 minutes, and is ideal for cooking Chinese pot rice as well. For cooking brown or red rice, soak the rice in clear water for 20 minutes before cooking.