Buffet Casserole 26cm
- • 1 bundle of mung bean vermicelli noodles
- • 10 tiger prawns
- • 1 tbsp cooking oil
- • 2 tbsp minced garlic
- • 1 tbsp minced fresh chilli, optional
- • 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- • 1 tbsp shaoxing rice wine
- • 1 tbsp water
- • ¼ tsp sugar
- • ¼ tsp white pepper
- • 1 cup soup stock
- • chopped spring onions, for garnishing
- • crispy garlic, for garnishing
- 1. Soak vermicelli noodles in warm water for about 10 minutes until softened. Use a pair of scissors to cut into 2 to 3 sections. Drain out. Set aside.
- 2. Place the prawns flat on a chopping board then cut sideways from the back to remove vein. Open the flesh and slightly press to flatten. Set aside.
- 3. Fry garlic and chilli in oil over a medium heat until fragrant (do not burn). Transfer to a small bowl. Add soy sauce, rice wine, water, white pepper, sugar, then mix well.
- 4. Place vermicelli noodles on a pot with prawns on top in one layer. Drizzle the sauce on the prawns. Pour in soup stock and cover lid.
- 5. Steam over medium heat for 3 minutes, and low heat for 2 minutes. Turn off heat and cover with lid for 4 minutes.
- 6. Garnish with spring onion and crispy garlic. Serve immediately.