Round Skillet 26cm
- 1 medium (300g), Daikon, grated
- 400ml Water, to cook the daikon
- 150g Rice Flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 200ml Water
- 15g Preserved Sweet Radish (Chai Poh), finely chopped
- 1 stalk Spring Onion, garnish
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3-4 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Fish Sauce, or to taste
- 1 tbsp XO Sauce
- ½ tsp Ground Pepper
- 1. PREPARE RADISH CAKE: Bring water to boil. Add in grated daikon and simmer on low heat for 5 mins. In a Skillet (no heat), mix rice flour, salt, and water until it forms a smooth batter consistency.
- 2. RADISH BATTER: When Daikon is done cooking*, (i) Add in 100ml of boiled Daikon water and all the strained daikon into the Skillet (ii) On low heat, stir until the batter becomes a paste consistency. (iii) Remove from heat and transfer into a slightly oiled dish.
- 3. STEAM RADISH CAKE: Steam over medium to low heat for 45 mins/until skewers inserted in the middle come out clean. Cool in the fridge overnight.
- 4. TO STIR-FRY: (i) Cut up steamed radish cake into 1-inch cubes. (ii) Stir-fry chai poh and minced garlic until aromatic. (iii) Add another tbsp of oil, toss in radish cake chunks, and add all the seasonings. **
- 5. Push radish cake aside, pour in lightly beaten eggs and allow the eggs to set slightly before flipping over in sections. Season to taste and garnish with chopped spring onions.
*When the Daikon looks translucent, it is cooked through
**Add 4 tbsp Dark Sweet Soy Sauce for dark/black version