Protected by a hard-wearing glaze that resists damage from heat and utensils, Le Creuset stoneware is perfectly suited to baking pies, quiches, casseroles and more. The secret to its performance is the even-heating properties, which prevent hot-spots and cook foods in a uniform fashion. The result is a golden brown crust with fully cooked ingredients throughout.
- High-quality exterior enamel protects against metal marks and other damage
- Hard-wearing, impermeable finish fired at temperatures as high as 1200ºC is safe for cutting on with knives
- Unmatched thermal resistance from -18ºC to 260ºC — safe for the freezer, microwave, oven, broiler and dishwasher
- Less than 1% porosity, blocking moisture absorption which can lead to cracking, crazing and rippling along the interior
- Unique clay mixture creates a very dense material when fired, maintaining even temperatures and preventing scorching
- Resistant to staining and flavour/odour absorption
- A virtually nonstick glazed interior that easily releases foods for quick cleanup
- A perfectly colour-matched palette of bold, consistent tones for easy mixing and matching with other Le Creuset products
- Not suitable to be used on direct heat
Please read this section before using your stoneware products for the first time.